Communicating Research to Influence Policy-Makers Workshop
October 30-31, 2019 - Communicating Research to Influence Policy-Makers: Writing Workshop to be held in Brisbane, QLD
Date / Time
8:30 am 30/10/2019 -
4:30 pm 31/10/2019
Level 2 - Cycad Building #1018, Long Pocket, The University of Queensland - 80 Meiers Road, Indooroopilly
The University of Queensland Long Pocket
Over two days 30 and 31 October, Life Course Centre researchers from around the country will be participating in this writing workshop.
The workshop will be delivered by Policy Skills Australia and will cover the following topics:
· Introduction to policy – what it is, how it is done
· The institutions of government – who decides and the communication channels
· Funding for policy and policy research
· Audiences for policy research and their needs
· Evidence for policy – including what evidence at what stage of the policy cycle
· What a Cabinet Submission looks like
· Writing for busy decision-makers – academic vs government writing, how to plan & write for government audiences.