The Life Course Centre is a collaborative enterprise, bringing together expertise from throughout Australia and around the world. The Centre’s powerful partnership networks provide genuine interdisciplinary innovation, which translates into cutting-edge research.
Genuine interdisciplinary innovation demands prolonged systematic engagement between researchers that is only possible through an enterprise such as the Life Course Centre. It enables researchers who are attempting to answer common problems to integrate evidence and achieve high-level outcomes.
The Life Course Centre brings together a breadth of expertise from across the country and around the world to address the problem of deep and persistent disadvantage. The Centre’s structure provides a strong collective capacity and powerful partnership networks to translate cutting-edge research findings into real change for disadvantaged children and families.
The Life Course Centre is administered by The University of Queensland and has nodes at The University of Western Australia, The University of Melbourne and The University of Sydney.
The Centre also has a wide range of collaborative links to national and international partners, including government, non-government and community service providers throughout Australia as well as international research institutions in North America, Europe and Asia.
The University of Queensland
- Institute for Social Science Research (administering unit)
- School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
- School of Social Science
- School of Psychology
The University of Western Australia
- Telethon Kids Institute
The University of Melbourne
- Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research
The University of Sydney
- School of Economics
- Anglicare WA
- Australian Government Department of Social Services
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Brotherhood of St Laurence
- Goodstart Early Learning Ltd
- National Growth Areas Alliance
- Queensland Government, Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
- The Benevolent Society
- Auckland University of Technology
- National University of Singapore
- Boston College
- University of Pennsylvania, USA
- University College London, Institute of Education
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- University College Dublin
- University of Essex, UK